WN890 - Boscombe Down Aviation Collection, Old Sarum Airfield, Wiltshire
Hunter F.2 WN890 at Newark, 15th June 2002; author
Built in 1953, WN890 spent all of her career carrying out trials work. By the 1960s she was out of use and the nose was cut off with the remainder scrapped - some parts were buried at Boscombe and the tail was unearthed in 1996 and has since gone on display there. The cockpit over 30 years in the Aeromedical Training School as an oxygen trainer, then in 1992 was used as a fire crew training aid (not burnt, thankfully) before being acquired by British Classic Air Reserve. She then passed on to an ATC unit in Lancashire then back to Robertsbridge before going to Naylan Moore at Aeroventure in Doncaster. Nathan did a lot of restoration work on her, and in 2004 Tony Dyer brought her 'back home' to Boscombe and finished the restoration.
Information on this page current as of 12/06/2012
Find other photos of WN890 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net