XF303 - Hunter Aviation International, Exeter, Devon
Hunter F.58A XF303 at RAF Scampton, 15th October 1999; author
Built as an F.4, XF303 first flew in December 1955 and served with 66(F) Squadron before being transferred to the Fleet Air Arm as a ground instructional airframe (A2565). Returned to Hawkes in 1970, she was converted to an F.58A and delivered to the Swiss Air Force as J-4105 in 1972. On retirement she was acquired by the OFMC and later Hawker Hunter Aviation. At one point she regained her old RAF colours (she does however retain the '105' nose markings). In 2005 this aircraft had moved on to join the Hunter Flying Club fleet at Exeter, but has now been sold to Hunter Aviation (a US company) so will presumably be going grey and leaving the UK to join the other active Hunters in their fleet at some point soon.
Information on this page current as of 29/09/2008
Find other photos of XF303 on the following sites:
Air-Britain - Airliners.net - Airplane-Pictures.net - flickr.com - WorldAirPics.com - JetPhotos.net - PlanePictures.net